Can you squat??
I’m writing this post because I have been surprised to find out that a lot of people cant do a simple squat or are doing them incorrectly. lets face it squats are a girls best friend and if you want to have a toned round derriere then you need to be sure you are squatting correctly.
A squat is a compound movement that not only targets the glutes (derriere) it also incorporates and activates a lot more muscles in the legs and also your core and back when doing them correctly and for woman can give you that lovely shapely figure we all want right?
There are many different ways to squat but here we are going back to basics and i’m going to guide you through the correct way to do a basic squat.
- Firstly start with a standing position feet slightly wider than your hips, toes pointed slightly outwards.
- Keep your head up and find a spot that you can focus on, your head should stay in this position throughout the squat to ensure there is no strain on the neck or spine.
- Spine in a neutral position so no arching over or arching back. Nice and straight!
- Arms stretched out in front of you for added balance
- Your weight should be on your heels throughout the movement.
- Keep your core tight and start to move your butt to the floor as if you are going to sit in a chair.
- Keep your back straight in neutral position looking at the spot you’ve been focusing on
- Keep going, the lower the better!! Ass to the grass ladies ;0)
- Keep an eye on your knees and make sure they are in line with your feet
- Once you’re as low as you can go the push up driving through the heels
- Squeeze your butt at the top using the muscles and not thrusting your hips forward
- Keep your core tight all the way through
Now remember if you are a beginner you may not be able to get your ass to the grass just yet but be persistent and practice you will soon be able to get there and your derriere will be getting rounder and firmer before your very eyes!!
I have gone from a non squatter to getting my ass way down to the grass and loving it!!
Over the next few posts ill be going through weighted squats, jump squats, box squats and many more but for now i want you to master the basic squat and come back for the advanced squats in due time.
Ass to the grass!